Monday, December 15, 2014

Signing Day

I received my contract for Atlanta Corporate Fight Night 9 from Terri (my trainer and the promoter for ACFN9) this past Thursday, December 11. Over the weekend I've read over it many times before signing it and turning it in this morning when I went to the gym. It includes many details that I've eagerly been anticipating since I've decided to participate in fight night... it includes who my opponent will be, what weight class I'll be fighting at, how much money I have to raise, and more which I'll go into more detail on.

First, I'll be fighting Kelsey Fox. Yes, the first thing I did was totally Facebook stalk her. I believe she's about my same age. She's got one fight which she won under her belt and from what I heard she maybe a couple inches taller than me. I'll have a lot of hard work to put in before I face her on February 19 but am confident Terri will give me the tools and the training I need to win before we compete.

I'll be fighting in the 130-138 weight class. Yes, I consider this awesome news. I still have about 5-10 pounds to lose before the weigh-in but that's all. That also means if I happen to have a piece of cake or a cookie over the holidays it's not going to be the end of the world. I'm planning on just not going crazy. Moderation is never a bad thing and watching my diet will help keep me focused while I train.

Every boxer has to help raise money and promote the fight. This part does make me a bit nervous as I've never had to sell tickets or solicit sponsorships. As a boxer I have a total of $5,000 to raise. That means I am counting on all my friends to buy tickets and come support me. I'll be doing a separate ticket and sponsorship blog later on this week but if you want to get tickets now. Ticket prices will be made available to the public February 1, but you can help me meet my goal and get your tickets now by going to my paypal link which Corporate Fight Night set up. Ticket prices are as follows:
  • VIP Table Seat (includes dinner, VIP Cocktail Reception) - $200
  • VIP Ringside (includes VIP Cocktail Reception / front row) closest seats to the ring) - $150
  • Ringside (these are rows 2 & 3)  - $100
  • Preferred Seating (these are guaranteed seating, not numbered but guaranteed) - $50
  • General Admission (seats and standing room, first come first serve) - $25
My paypal link:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=WBBY4DTUGBNJG

The other parts of my contract include...
  • Boxing License – must be licensed through USA Boxing prior to bout. CFN will provide all documentation needed to obtain your passbook, along with a list of basic medical requirements.
  • Medical Requirements – must be in general good health for CFN. High blood pressure and heart disease are problematic and medical approval from a physician maybe required before being considered to participate in a boxing contest. Must release any and all liability created or associated with training or competition in bout. Must also pass pre-fight physical administered by ringside physician prior to bout.
  • Charity – Corporate Fight Night is an exciting boxing show, but it is also a charity event. A percentage of the net proceeds shall be donated to the Children's Healthcare Of Atlanta.
  • Training requirements – Selected participants of CFN agree to enter into a ten-week intensive training program.
  • Publicity – CFN uses many varied media sources to tell your story, to tell our story, and to tell the stories and needs of our charities and sponsors. As CFN competitor you must agree to make yourself available for media and publicity associated with the promotion and production of CFN.
There is also a No Back Out clause which states that those selected to compete in CFN will enter into a boxing agreement contract with CFN, their own sponsors, and with their opponent and their sponsors. Once you have agreed to box you will not have the option to “back out” without financial liability to your sponsors, a fee from CFN, and possibly the sponsors of your opponent. Backing out does not deliver a refund to any of your sponsors, your opponents sponsors, or your ticket holders. You assume all liability associated with a “change of heart”. Please know that I have not entered into doing this show without a lot of thought.  The moment I signed the contract I decide I was all in. This protects me, the boxer, my sponsors, as well as the shows sponsors, and the integrity of the show.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment