Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Weigh-in at the Hard Rock

Ever had one of those dreams when you had to give a presentation, or take a test, and you realize you forgot your pants, or aren't wearing any clothes? Your hearts racing as you realize you're standing practically naked in front of a large group of people. Well... welcome to the weigh-in at the Hard Rock for Atlanta Corporate Fight Night 9!  

When you sign up to do a fight night you sign a contract agreeing to a certain weight class. So depending on who you are you either have lose weight, gain weight, or maintain your weight. My contracted weight class that I had to be at for fight night was 130-138 pounds. When I started this journey back in December I was around 145 pounds. So I only needed to lose between five and ten pounds in ten weeks. Part of my motivation for this fight was to lose a couple more pounds and also to be in the best shape I could be in.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous. It's a little daunting to think about getting in front of a room full of people and stripping down to your skivvies  The week before weigh-in I cut out protein, in addition to everything else I haven't been eating, and was drinking smooth move every night. (If you don't know what smooth move is, the name kind of tells it all, I will spare you the details).  I thought a lot about what I would be, or should I say wouldn't be wearing in front of everyone for the weigh-in.

Crowd at the Weigh-In

Weigh-in (In all my glory!)
The weigh-in was a milestone for me. I found the perfect outfit I had tirelessly been looking for at Wal-Mart of all places. I went with a wonder woman outfit because I wanted to have some fun with it, plus the added bonus of if people started laughing I would think it was the outfit and not me! Topping the scale two years ago at 255 pounds  I am not confident with the way my body looks so stripping down in a crowded room is not my idea of a good time. I can honestly say when I weighed in on February 18 it's the lowest I have ever been. My goal was to weigh in at 135 pounds. I exceeded that by stepping on the scale that night and officially weighing in at 133.8 pounds. I'm proud of who I am and what I have accomplished over the past couple years and my weight loss journey has been a part of that.



Me and Vince Bailey
Face - Off


 





No comments:

Post a Comment