Sunday, January 25, 2015

Atlanta Corporate Fight Night 9 Press Conference

Atlanta Corporate Fight Night 9 KICKED OFF with a Press Conference on at the Hard Rock Cafe in downtown Atlanta!

ACFN9 Group Photo

ACFN 9 announced the fighters on the BEST fight card YET! On Thursday night, January 8, ACFN9 boxers faced-off for the first time in these GREAT match-ups:

  1.     Kendra "Sma$h" Cuffe vs Brie Nichols
  2.     Geoffrey "Rock-em" Robbins vs Scott Jeffries
  3.     Morgan "Huckleberry" Salas vs Sarah "The Beast" Billard
  4.     Jake "The Snake" Scanlon vs Nathan "The Dancer of Doom" Ahlgrim
  5.     Holly "Kale Krunch" Levine vs (opponent unable to attend)
  6.     Evan Holyfield vs (opponent unable to attend)
 7.    Lindsey "Disaster" Struck vs Kelsey Fox
  8.     Henry "The Hitman" Poer vs Sam "Scrappy-Doo" Herman
  9.     "Handsome" Truitt Taylor vs Jabari "The Wise Warrior" Jackson
10.      Abel "Dinamita" Aparicio vs (opponent unable to attend)
11.     MAIN EVENT: Maliek Montgomery (#6 ranked lightweight in the    
          country!) vs Edwin Hernandez (veteran amateur in his last amateur bout
          before turning pro!)
12.     Zach "Marvelous" Mericle vs Jonathan Beam
13.     Sig "The Sniper" Scott vs Leon "The Bull" De La Garza

 

Lindsey "Disaster" Struck Face-Off Photo with Kelsey Fox

There was plenty of food, and drinks going around the Hard Rock, as well as music from the "Nice Guys Band". I had dressed up the best I could in my nice thrift store pants (since I no longer have nice pants that fit me) and Terri "The Boss" requested no jeans. Good friends that were able to attend were present and the night was emceed by Vince "The Voice" Bailey who brings a great sense of humor and does a great job of introducing everyone.

 

Being one to hate public speaking, as people from work can attest, (I've been known to puke before having to give parents meetings,) I was nervous when Vince called my name... Lindsey "Disaster" Struck. He introduced me as the Assistant Program Supervisor for the City of Decatur where I then briefly described that I organize youth and adult sports such as basketball, softball, flag football, soccer,  etc... for a living. Working with kids as I do Vince then commented that Children's Healthcare of Atlanta must mean a lot to me. I think its a great organization that does so much for the kids, they deal with everything from broken bones to kids with terminally ill diseases. I'm glad a program like this exists to help parents out. I have parents in my program that work for CHOA as well as one of the players on my hockey team.

 

Vince then remarked that he's run into me at many of the Atlanta Corporate Fight Night's, which is true. He inquired as to what got me into the ring this time around. For me it's hard not to get caught up in the fight night experience especially after watching my girlfriend, "Mean Jean's", experience in Fight Night 7 first hand. It was absolutely amazing to watch her first hand learn how to box, lose almost 40 pounds in 10 weeks, and see her step in the ring and win. I also had the privilege of seeing my close friends decide to fight in Fight Night 8 and see what they had to go through. Brandi "Boom Boom" Ansley, Sulli "The Magic" Sullivan, Holly "Kale Krunch" Levine. I figure it's my turn to step in the ring and see if I have what it takes.

 

The support I've received so far has been overwhelmingly positive and unlike anything I could ever have imagined.  I'm excited for this new challenge and trying to enjoy every minute of it. I've got one of the best trainer's in the world (who's been in the Guinness Book of World Records for boxing and is being inducted into the Women's International Boxing Hall of Fame later on this year) and know that if I can listen to her I'll have no problem winning in the ring.  It's been great to be able to train with Kale Krunch and Huckleberry through this process and Jean's come to some of training sessions and always has great advice. I'll have a great team in my corner come fight night and don't want to let them down.

 

If you'd like to see just my part of the press conference Brandi "Boom Boom" Ansley did an awesome job putting the video together...     http://youtu.be/1bGru1rqYoE

 

Here is the link to the entire press conference if you'd like to watch...   http://youtu.be/CBz5XWwQiJA

 

No comments:

Post a Comment